YMCA Youth and Family Services (yfs.ymca.org) helps at-risk youths and vulnerable families become safe, secure and connected to their community. The Y’s mentoring, counseling and case management programs provide critical preventative and early intervention strategies that stabilize families during uncertain times.
Headquartered: Silver Spring
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
- $250 provides five hours of trauma therapy for a child.
- $1,000 pays for the expenses related to a cultural trip.
- $5,000 sends six kids to summer camp for a week.
- One day: Chaperone a cultural trip or family activity.
- Ongoing: Mentor or tutor a young person.