Silver Spring Village (silverspringvillage.org) offers services and programs to help people remain in their own homes and be engaged in the community as they age. Trained and vetted volunteers offer village members transportation, friendly visits and phone calls, home repairs, help with chores and errands, de-cluttering, medical note-taking and more—plus a full calendar of social and educational activities.
Headquartered: Silver Spring
Serves: Silver Spring
What a donation buys:
- $250 provides background checks for 10 volunteers.
- $1,000 provides village services and programs for two low-income seniors.
- $10,000 supports professional staff managing volunteers.
- Weekly: Provide rides for village members to appointments.
- Long-term: Visit village members at their homes.