Liberty’s Promise (libertyspromise.org) engages first-generation and immigrant youths through a program that includes civic/community engagement, career and college readiness, and internships with government agencies, small businesses or nonprofit organizations. Liberty’s Promise serves at least 400 Montgomery County youths annually.
Headquartered: Alexandria, Virginia
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
- $250 covers meals for 30 youths at six program sessions.
- $1,000 pays for the Metro fares for 120 youths to tour Washington, D.C., sites.
- $10,000 supports 12 teens in internships during the summer.
- One day: Work with a student to create a résumé and cover letter.
- One afternoon: Address the after-school program on topics such as college and careers or financial literacy.