Latino Economic Development Center (ledcmetro.org) equips Latinos and other underserved Greater D.C.-area residents with the skills and tools to achieve financial independence and become leaders in their communities. Its small business services include technical assistance and micro-loans for aspiring and existing low- to moderate-income entrepreneurs. The organization’s housing services prepare families for responsible homeownership.
Headquartered: Washington, D.C.
Serves: Maryland and Washington, D.C.
What a donation buys:
- $250 helps establish tenant associations to preserve affordable housing.
- $1,000 helps a low-income family or senior in crisis remain in their home.
- $10,000 helps capitalize an aspiring low to moderate income entrepreneur.
- One day: Offer expertise related to personal and business financial management.
- Weekly: Help with survey administration.