Hearts and Homes for Youth (heartsandhomes.org) supports youths who have experienced abuse, neglect, mental health challenges, homelessness and other trauma. In Montgomery County, Hearts and Homes operates four residential programs, a therapeutic foster program and a mother-baby program, serving a total of more than 75 youths a night. The organization strives to build brighter futures for the youths, families and community.
What a donation buys:
- $250 covers the cost of new backpacks and school supplies for five youths.
- $1,000 covers a month of day care for a baby.
- $10,000 pays six months of therapeutic mental health services.
- One day: Paint a group home.
- Ongoing: Mentor a young person.