Future Link (futurelinkmd.org) seeks to close the social justice gap by empowering first-generation-to-college, low-income young adults through career exploration programs, academic advising, scholarships, internships and mentoring. Its individualized, intensive program emphasizes persistence in postsecondary education; teaches workplace, self-advocacy and personal decision-making skills; and helps young adults develop a concrete plan for a meaningful career pathway to enable self-sufficiency.
Serves: Montgomery County
What a donation buys:
- $250 provides textbooks to a Future Link student.
- $1,000 provides career planners for three Future Link seminar classes.
- $10,000 funds a 15-week career development seminar for 15 students.
- One day: Provide informational interviews to students interested in your career field.
- Short-term: Offer a cost-shared internship or job-shadowing opportunity.