Food & Friends (foodandfriends.org) improves the lives and health of people with HIV/AIDS, cancer and other serious illnesses that limit their ability to provide nourishment for themselves. With the support of volunteers, Food & Friends prepares and delivers nearly 1 million meals to 2,600 critically ill neighbors each year.
Headquartered: Washington, D.C.
Serves: Metro region
What a donation buys:
- $180 provides a week of meals delivered to a client’s home.
- $1,000 covers the cost of supplies for cooking classes.
- $5,000 underwrites a day of meals for all clients in Montgomery County.
- One day: Work with Food & Friends’ chefs to prepare and package meals.
- One day: Deliver meals to clients.