Family Services (fs-inc.org) provides prevention and early-intervention services to more than 17,000 low-income children, individuals and families, including emergency assistance, mental health and substance abuse services, early-childhood programs, domestic violence services and community outreach.
Serves: Montgomery and Prince George’s counties
What a donation buys:
- $300 provides a month of developmentally appropriate activities for socially isolated toddlers.
- $1,000 provides a full year of case management for a student with social service and/or behavioral health needs.
- $10,000 furnishes a playroom at the Betty Ann Krahnke domestic violence shelter.
- Weekly or monthly: Prep food and/or serve lunch in Family Services’ commercial kitchen.
- One time: Volunteer at a special event.