Community Ministries of Rockville (CMR) (cmrocks.org) serves the most vulnerable Montgomery County residents by providing a health clinic for the low-income uninsured and Medicaid underinsured; assistance for seniors aging in place; financial assistance to stop eviction and utility termination; English language and citizenship classes; and supportive housing for the homeless working toward self-sufficiency.
What a donation buys:
- $250 provides a month of home care services for a senior client of CMR’s Elderly Ministries Program.
- $1,000 supports 12 at-risk middle/high school students in achieving college acceptance.
- $10,000 covers the costs of 100 patient visits at the Kaseman Health Clinic.
- One day: Do yard work at Jefferson House or Rockland House.
- Weekly: Be an intake coordinator for the Rockville Emergency Assistance Program.