CollegeTracks (collegetracks.org) changes lives by helping low-income, first-generation-to-college students navigate the college application and financial aid process and then enroll, persist and graduate from college or technical school. The 1,500 students served annually are often from low-income backgrounds and/or the first in their families to apply to college.
Serves: Bethesda-Chevy Chase, Quince Orchard, Watkins Mill and Wheaton high schools
What a donation buys:
- $250 enables three recent high school graduates to attend college success skills workshops.
- $1,000 provides one year of college admissions advising for a high school senior.
- $10,000 provides college success coaching for seven college scholars.
- Weekly: Help students with the admissions and financial aid process (must be a college graduate).
- Weekly: Help students to prepare for the ACT test.