For the June 2 primary election, Bethesda Beat has created a voters guide on candidates for Montgomery County Board of Education, three congressional seats and Montgomery County circuit judge, including their answers to questions we asked (before the coronavirus pandemic).
Some candidates did not respond; they were contacted numerous times through email and by phone.
Winners in the congressional primaries advance to the Nov. 3 general election. The top two in each school board race will compete in the general election. Both candidates in the District 2 race are listed in the guide, but do not appear on the primary ballot. Both will advance to the general election.
For circuit court judges, the top four on the Republican side and on the Democratic side will be on the general election ballot.
Separate pages in the voters guide list the candidates on the ballot for U.S. president and for delegates and alternate delegates to this year’s Republican and Democratic national conventions.
• Only people registered in a party can vote in party primaries. All voters, including those not affiliated with a party, may vote in the nonpartisan school board election.
• Voters automatically get ballots in the mail. They can mail them back, with no postage needed. They must be postmarked by June 2 to be counted.
For people who can’t vote by mail, four locations to vote in person will be open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.:
• Silver Spring Civic Building, One Veterans Place, Silver Spring
• Marilyn J. Praisner Community Recreation Center, 14906 Old Columbia Pike, Burtonsville
• Activity Center at Bohrer Park, 506 S. Frederick Ave., Gaithersburg
• Germantown Community Recreation Center, 18905 Kingsview Road, Germantown
The deadline to register to vote or change an address or party affiliation is May 27.
For election questions, contact the Montgomery County Board of Elections or 240-777-8600.
For questions about this guide, contact Managing Editor Andrew Schotz at email@example.com.
Click on each race below to read about the candidates:
Click on each race below to read a list of the candidates: